Travel to Jordan from the UK has just gotten easier
The COVID19 pandemic has been the greatest disturbance to global travel in history. Here at Jordan Select Tours, we have greatly missed sharing our beloved country with international clients. However, normality is on the horizon, and we are hugely excited by the UK Government’s announcement moving Jordan to the Green list for travel. From 0400 BST on Monday 4th October, fully vaccinated clients returning to the UK from Jordan will face greatly reduced restrictions. These are as follows:
- Passengers must take a COVID19 test at least 72 hours prior to arrival. This test can be a PCR test, a LAMP test, or an antigen test (lateral flow). Here in Jordan, PCR tests are limited in price to 28JOD (£28.74). As always, our experienced staff are at hand to assist with organising testing.
- Passengers must book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test to be taken after arrival in the UK. Assistance in finding a provider can be found here: https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type
- Passengers must complete a passenger locator form.
We are delighted that the change in restrictions has come just as Jordan transitions from Summer to Autumn and temperatures become milder. Autumn in Jordan is traditionally the ‘high season’, but with greatly reduced visitor numbers, sites such as Petra have become a traveller’s paradise. Now is the best time to experience Jordan’s world-class attractions.
Rules for travel from the UK to Jordan remain unchanged. The current requirements are as follows:
- All passengers travelling by land and air must provide evidence of a negative PCR test within 72 hours of their scheduled time of departure to Jordan.
- All passengers must register on the ‘visitJordan’ platform (https://www.gateway2jordan.gov.jo/index.html) and provide evidence that they are fully vaccinated. An NHS Vaccine card, vaccine certificate, doctor’s letter or hospital printout are all accepted for passengers travelling to Jordan from the UK. If unvaccinated, travellers must book a PCR test on arrival at a cost of 28JOD (£28.74)
We can’t wait to welcome our valued clients back to Jordan and look forward to exploring our beautiful country with new friends. As we celebrate twenty years of our landmark reforestation project in Jalal’ad forest, there has never been a better time to choose Jordan Select Tours.